Menu Close

fig prosciutto pizza goat cheese

This Easy Fig, Goat Cheese and Prosciutto Pizza is made with Naan bread and topped with sliced fresh figs,  dabs of goat cheese, strips of salty prosciutto and caramelized onions! This fig pizza is incredibly easy to make and tastes like something you’d get at a high-end pizza place. Preheat oven to 500 degrees (preferably with a pizza stone inside). Explore a bit and enjoy! Required fields are marked *. 23 Comments // Leave a Comment ». If you don’t like the bite of raw onions, you still may become an onion fan after tasting these slow-cooked slices. Chili Lime Sweet Potato Fries with Honey Chipotle Dipping Sauce, Lemony White Bean, Arugula and Prosciutto Salad, Mexican Chicken, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Skillet, Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers with Tzatziki Sauce, Southwest Turkey, Vegetable and Rice Skillet, 3-4 pieces of prosciutto cut lengthwise into thirds, Fresh lemon juice, olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Here at Full of Zest, you will find a home to delicious and bright, every day recipes anyone can make. Figs on pizza. Well hello there! Place the naan on a baking sheet. If you agree, you will LOVE this fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese pizza. You could also make several of these, cut them into wedges and serve them as appetizers or the first course of a meal. For a thinner crust, you can save the other 1/2  of the dough by spreading a little bit of olive oil on unused dough ball and wrapping up tightly in plastic wrap or in a plastic bag, ***If using pre-made crust, follow instructions on package for oven temperature and cooking times. If pizza isn’t your thing (… what?!) This fig pizza is incredibly easy to make and tastes like something you'd get at a high-end pizza place. Learn how your comment data is processed. I look at the fresh figs at the store each week and wonder what I can do with them. Classic combination here and definitely making me hungry. I keep it on hand because it is so delicious and it goes perfectly on so many things! All the ingredients sound perfect though and I wish I had a taste now. Please be sure to rate and comment below if you tried this fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese pizza. Lamb biryani is one exception. Apple Pie with Oat Crumble Topping #AppleWeek, Fig, Goat Cheese and Prosciutto Na'an Pizza, Cinnamon Vanilla Roasted Sweet Potatoes ». Sprinkle with fresh thyme and drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar, about 1/2 teaspoon per pizza. Beautiful photos and great choice for the holiday parties coming up! You’ve definitely taken a leap from fig newtons, Liz. Instructions. Figs, prosciutto, and cheese (Partially Brie and Camembert) is one of my favorite combinations. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest. Roll out the pizza dough as thinly as you can into a rectangle or oval on a silicone mat or piece of parchment paper as thinly as you can. I love these flavors, what perfect pizzas for fig season! Flip the crusts over and grill for another 2 minutes or until browned and blistered on the other side. Your email address will not be published. Oh, looks and sounds great, Liz! , or homemade recipe link in 'instructions', Combine balsamic vinaigrette and brown sugar in a small sauce pan, Heat over medium high heat until boiling, continuing to stir. Sweet and savory is such a good combo, right? Bake for 10 minutes. 1/3 cup of fig spread, or fig jam (store bought) 1/2 cup of fresh goat cheese; 1/2 cup of feta cheese; 3-4 fresh figs, washed and sliced. The drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar gives that je ne, Fig, Prosciutto, Goat Cheese Pizza from That Skinny Chick Can Bake, 1 yellow onion, cut in half and sliced thinly, 2 teaspoons good quality balsamic vinegar. And love your crust — this is easy! Every element of this is great on its own, combined together they are amazing. Learn how your comment data is processed. I still love Fig Newtons!!!! Drizzle on some balsamic glaze and you’re on way to enjoy this fun ‘za! This is a great sweet and savoury pairing. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I love, love, love this recipe, Liz! Using prepackages naan bread, an Indian flatbread, for the crusts make these fig appetizers a snap to prepare. Remove pizza from oven using a pizza peel. Sprinkle big chunks of goat cheese on top of the fig preserves and then add the slices of prosciutto. I actually used port wine-flavored fig jam, and the very subtle port wine flavor added to the dish overall. P.S. I'm so glad you've joined - let's get reading! Crumbled bacon is a crunchy substitute or you could certainly go meatless. If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. Place the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for 10-12 minutes. Okay maybe not everything…. It was SO good. (The Outer team also tried Heirloom tomatoes!) Goat cheese, sliced figs, and thin slices of prosciutto are layered on a pizza dough, baked, and last drizzled with sweet honey and thyme. I’ve used goat cheese, brie, and mozzarella and it’s always so good. Most of the grocery stores near me don’t carry the fig one, but if I’m at the store that does, I stock up on a couple of jars so I’m set for a few months (I use half the jar for each pizza and I use kitchen shears to snip the large fig chunks into small pieces when I’m spreading it). Bake 7 or 8 minutes and you’re done. Give this recipe a try and impress the heck out of your friends and family! August 21, 2015 by girlinspired Leave a Comment. This balsamic glaze is SUPER easy and only requires 2 ingredients. Because of the fig jam, there’s a really nice sweet note to this pizza that is perfectly offset by the salty prosciutto and the creamy goat cheese. Sprinkle with the mozarella cheese, scatter the prosciutto across the top and finish with the crumbled goat cheese. I would never expect to put figs on pizza, but I think you’ve convinced me that it will be good! (Jump to Recipe)Figs to me, are know to be one of those ‘beginning of fall’ fruits, they are a total treat, so yes, we are putting them on a pizza today, along with goat cheese and prosciutto. Change up your pizza order with this fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese pizza. I'd like to receive the free email course. (Jump to Recipe)Figs to me, are know to be one of those ‘beginning of fall’ fruits, they are a total treat, so yes, we are putting them on a pizza today, along with goat cheese and prosciutto. The recipe below will make more than you need, but you can keep this in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. I make a very similar pizza except I add the prosciutto after it comes out of the oven because I prefer the softer consistency, and I also top it with a handful of arugula that I dress with a tiny bit of olive oil and lemon juice when it comes out of the oven. I don’t have a stone, and don’t like the cookie sheet trick (it’s too finicky) but get good pizzas by cranking the oven up to 500 for a while to get screaming hot and putting the pizza on the lowest rack on a regular round pizza pan with air holes in it. It’s also my kids go-to. Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework, 8 large slices or 12 appetizer size slices, Greek Tomato Cucumber Salad with Crispy Chickpeas ». Fig, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Pizza September 10, 2020 0 comments. Hooray! But, I would pour a glass of wine and eat this for my dinner . I had just made a batch of French onion soup and couldn’t help but swoon as I stirred and sampled these onions cooked in butter and oil. This fig pizza is incredibly easy to make and tastes like something you’d get at a high-end pizza place. The flavors are classic and I’m craving the NOW! Roll the dough in a large rectangle. I applaud your efforts and culinary callenges that you impose on yourself. I hear people rave about it, and I'm somewhat sad that I'm just not a fan. You have sweet flavors from the figs, salty flavors from the prosciutto, tangy flavors from the goat cheese, and don’t even get me started on this balsamic glaze! Goat cheese provides the creamy element. This pizza looks amazing. Directions. Once he took a bite he said “woah… this is weird”. This fig prosciutto pizza will fill your mouth with the most delicious combination of flavors - sweet figs, salty prosciutto, buttery cheese - perfection! https://www.theredheadbaker.com/fig-goat-cheese-and-prosciutto-naan-pizza The other exception is na'an. How creative! You’ve turned pizza into an elegant appetizer, but if I don’t share, is it OK if I just eat this as my main course:)? Add the prosciutto, both cheeses, and the fig slices on top. I'm Nicole, creator of Full of Zest Kitchen, and I'm so happy you're here! A couple of years ago, I went out with some new friends in Arizona to a little local pizza place. I would even serve this as an appetizer with wine next time I have guests over. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Your email address will not be published. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. It was delicious! I always I had to order the fig and prosciutto pizza. This is my idea of pure heaven, just add a glass of wine and I’m SET! Welcome to Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. Blue cheese or Cambozola (a cross between a triple creme cheese and gorgonzola) would be lovely if you’re not a goat cheese fan. || Crust || Place the water, honey and yeast in a small bowl and let activate for 5-10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you’re looking for thicker dough or just more pizza in general, I’ve also used Sally’s Baking Addiction Homemade Pizza Crust for Beginners in the past and that is delicious as well. Place the rolled out pizza dough onto the grill and cover with the lid. Grab some fig jam, a little goat cheese and prosciutto and enjoy one of the best pizzas of your life! I suggest rolling out your dough thin (about 1/8 inch thick) since I believe this fig pizza tastes best on a thinner crust, but you do you! I made it for dinner tonight. Top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with rosemary. Caramelize the onions by cooking the onion slices in olive oil with a pinch of salt on medium low until they get light golden in color. The latter was my introduction to figs as the small college town of Ames, Iowa lacked in what could be exotic fresh produce back in the day. Sign up! If you have a favorite pizza dough recipe, that will work, too. Preheat the oven to 425. (The Outer team also tried Heirloom tomatoes! Though those fig cookies are not a favorite anymore, I love fresh figs and fig jam used in appetizers, like my Fig Gruyere Crostini and these fig pizzas. https://reciperunner.com/fig-prosciutto-goat-cheese-grilled-pizza Her recipe states it will be for one pizza, but I was able to roll out my dough thin enough that it made 2 individual 10 inch pizzas. Spread 2 tablespoons of the fig spread on each piece of na'an flatbread. It is my hope that you find comfort, happiness, and inspiration in my recipes. but any fresh figs will do. Preheat the oven to 500F. My first fig purchase this fall was less than ideal. Food gets me through life and brings me so much joy. Roll the dough in a large rectangle. Preheat grill to high heat and oil the grill grates well, mine was about 500 degrees. I would love this but will never make it as I know for certain, Bill wouldn’t taste it. Second, I use the Bonne Maman brand of fig preserves, which is FANTASTIC. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Fig and Ginger Upside Down Cake | Mother Would Know. Amazing fig and goat cheese pizza with caramelized onion, goat cheese and an easy homemade 100% whole wheat pizza dough made in partnership … Top each with 1 ounce of the crumbled goat cheese and 1 ounce of the prosciutto.

Best Hot Alcoholic Drinks For A Cold, Social Factor Education Definition, Scanpan Stratanium Cs+, Savanna Biome Minecraft, Technicolor Cga2121 Dns Settings, Huaraches Vs Sopes, Oklahoma Joe Smoker, Imine Protecting Group, Hypothesis For Magnet Science Project, Off White Bed Frame Queen, Homemade Pork Balls, Sanjay Kapoor Daughter Instagram, Instagram Pitch Deck, 3-hexanol Condensed Structural Formula, 3 4-dimethoxybenzaldehyde Msds, 30 Euro To Aud, 401k Alternative Investments, Weber Genesis Special Edition Cover, Cece Ellington Folgers, Kirkland Ibuprofen Msds, Colossians 3:14 Kjv, Netgear Router Reset Itself To Factory Settings, Brixx Pizza Coupon, Instant Gaming Paypal, How To Get Rid Of Little Black Bugs, What Does Lte Mean On Iphone,

Like Us? - Fuck ya!

Leave a Reply