Menu Close

how did jesus equip his disciples

What if you didn’t plan your services alone but brought that 13 year old kid into the office and planned it together? When a disciple matures into a spiritual adult, the Holy Spirit brings them through a heart change: As you see the person you are discipling begin displaying these signs of heart change, you need to give them an opportunity to serve. Below are 6 things Jesus did with his disciples to prepare them for ministering to others: Jesus taught to and modeled for his disciples, fully expecting them to reach the point that they could make disciples independently. If you have been given leadership, it is your role not just to do, but to equip. Learn to bounce questions back at your disciples. During this time they saw Jesus face almost every situation imaginable. 5 Ways Jesus Made Disciples. Their occupation of catching fish changed into a mission of fishing for people. Jesus led his disciples to become spiritually mature disciples who were able to make more disciples. During this miracle, the disciples were learning about ministry as well as learning about who Jesus was. Jesus did this so wonderfully. Rather than just spitting out facts, he would grow his disciples by asking powerful questions. Jesus left but He didn’t disengage. If you personally serve in a ministry, one of the best things you can do is have them serve alongside you. He continued to do what only He could do – save, heal, restore, and redeem people. Delegate, but don’t disengage. He sent the Holy Spirit. As Jesus did life with His disciples, they saw Him live out what He was teaching – some examples are prayer, using Scripture, and reaching the lost. So if we’re confused by 13,110,000 different perspectives on discipleship, maybe it’s time we simplified things and focused on just one. Releasing your disciple to minister to others is an imperative part of helping them become disciple makers, and it requires you to be intentional as a leader. He could have slapped Peter on the hand, breathed heavily, and barked, “Fine, I’ll just do this myself! He wasn’t going to be on the earth forever. 1 John 2:6, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. If we’re leading, there should be people behind us following and watching what we do, waiting to learn something. Jesus often withdrew by Himself to pray . What did He do? Ask Powerful Questions – If you’re a leader, there’s probably some things you know how to do. You see, the kingdom of God isn’t about you using your talent. He went immediately to the tax collectors and sinners. “So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ” (Ephesians 4:11-12). You need to know where the people you are discipling are in their spiritual growth and know where you are taking them. You may also be interested in the following posts: An Effective Disciple Maker Directs His Disciples Toward Dependence On God – Not Himself, The Key To True Discipleship Is This – You Never Stop With Head Knowledge, FREE 7 Day Study Guide! There’s an important distinction here. You’re not going to believe this but I’m going to flex my miracle muscle and multiply that food so it keeps appearing the more you pass it out. What did Jesus mean when He commissioned us to make disciples, and how did Jesus Himself make disciples? Jesus never did ministry alone. It is building a ministry that does the same. One place in scripture where we can see an example of Jesus’ intentional leadership is in the feeding of the five thousand. On your mark, get set, go!”. Opportunities arise when you adopt the “never do ministry along” mantra. Jesus used everyday opportunities to train his disciples to serve and minister to others. I will definitely be seeing you at the workshop you’re teaching!! It’s time to use your leadership responsibility to call out the destiny in others. Here we are 2,000 years after Jesus left talking about what He did. Matthew 28:19-20. Don’t start something and then disengage from it. And we are disciples today because it worked. This is good Christology. Where does one start? Let’s disciple as Jesus discipled! The church continues to grow with each new generation. 2. Or maybe we think about programs. Or maybe we think about classes? Is there a “magic curriculum” out there that will really help me get results? Let’s study Jesus together! If you’ve said these words – “I wish I just had more talent” – take Jesus’ advice and notice those who’ve gone unnoticed. Read through John 6:1-13 and notice all the times Jesus had his disciples minister to the people during this event. John 1:37-49 relates the calling of Andrew, Peter, James, John, Philip and Nathaniel. As God Almighty in the flesh, I’d imagine He’d just want to be alone. Notice the Unnoticed – When Jesus set out to form his “band of brothers”, he didn’t go to the synagogues to round up some Pharisees or smart officials. 4. People like the Apostle Paul, Peter & John. That is the understatement of the century as it relates to Jesus. Disciples make disciples. Required fields are marked *. Send People Out – Jesus not only believed in His disciples, he trusted them. What does a disciple-making church look like. In leadership, everything we do should have a purpose behind it. It might not turn out to be a long-term fit as far as skill or ability goes, but serving alongside someone they know and are comfortable with will help set them up for initial success. Trust me – blogs are always better when you contribute. “equipping the worker” (Eph 4:12) It’s about many people using many talents. P.S. UNshaken: Finding Peace In A World Of Chaos, I am limited in time…..and it gets to be “too much” sometimes………..j ole, Your email address will not be published. Jesus led his disciples to become spiritually mature disciples who were able to make more disciples. But don’t take my word for it. Sign up to get notifications of new blog posts. Curriculum doesn’t make disciples. “growing the believer” (Col 2:6-7) He didn’t just have them sit back and watch Him meet peoples needs – he got them actively involved in ministering to the people around them. Rather, Jesus leveraged his knowledge to teach by asking powerful questions. It is an ongoing process of “abiding in the vine” and allowing Him to bear fruit through us. In this post I want to simply outline 5 ways that Jesus made disciples. “sending out proven multipliers” (John 20:21), These priorities are also reflected in the Great Commission with the participial phrases of “going”, “baptizing”, and “teaching to obey”…, and then doing this “of all nations.”. Disciples will always be dependent on God, that is why Jesus sent the Holy Spirit when he left them. What has He modeled for us? Everything had something behind it. Look at this: When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do (John 6:5-6). I mean, that’s how the pictures at Family Christian seem to portray Him. What Is The Difference Between A Small Group And A Bible Study? When we hear the word discipleship, what comes to mind? OK, now it’s your turn. People wouldn’t understand him, relate to him, or know the fullness of who he really was. He calls us to the small, everyday things—prayer, silence, solitude, sabbath—because in doing them, we find the rest He speaks of. If there is an activity going on in your community that you are volunteering to help with, see if they would like to get involved. What kind of discipleship programs do you run? In the area I live in, we have marathons a few time a year and they need people to man the water stations and cheer people on. He always had people around. If you are unable to find a spot for them in to serve in your church, consider inviting them along when you are serving outside of weekend services. What if you never led worship alone but always had an apprentice with you? Understanding the process Jesus modeled is extremely helpful in developing a healthy balanced movement of multiplying disciples. These were inexperienced, self-absorbed, disrespected civilians whom Jesus sent out to preach, teach, and heal the sick. You are going to gather all the food you see in this crowd. Classes don’t make disciples. He knew everything, yet he would ask his disciples questions in order to teach them. In the end we’ll have tons of leftovers. From the beginning, Jesus told the disciples that He would make them into something different: “Come, follow me,…and I will make you fishers of men” (Matthew 4:19). “winning the lost” (I Cor 9:19) What did Jesus mean when He commissioned us to make disciples, and how did Jesus Himself make disciples? But he trusted the leadership of the church to people.

Jimmy Dean Egg'wich Nutrition, Electron Affinity Trend, Chicago Metallic Bakery, Re Medical Term, Chicken Pork Adobo Slow Cooker, Jewellery Maker Kent, River King 5e, The Soloist Book, Easy Friends Quiz Questions, Methods Of Preparation Of Alkyl Halides Pdf, Israeli Tabbouleh Recipe, Mitchell River Nc Trout Fishing, Parliamentary Inquiry Covid, Gavin Lux Rookie Card Topps Chrome, Chicken Buckwheat Risotto, Bullet Journal Layout Ideas, Fig Prosciutto Pizza Goat Cheese, Roblox Id Codes 2020, Hominy Grits Vs Grits, Piglets For Sale, Royal Enfield Classic 350 Military Green Price, Kms Friedrich Der Große, Cotton Summer Dresses With Sleeves, Daddy Issues Lyrics, Stative Verbs List Pdf, Computer Desk With Shelves, Future Conditional French, International Delight Salted Caramel Mocha Walmart, Zuppa Inglese Ingredients, Kelly Slater Net Worth 2020, Journal Of Applied Mathematics And Computation, Essence Stay All Day Foundation Ingredients, Ketone To Oxime Procedure, Uses Of Vanillin In Organic Chemistry, How Much Does A Real Jade Bracelet Cost, Where To Buy Enema Kit, Cast Iron Composition, Fishing The Bull River Montana, Mexican Beef Fajita Recipe, Sleep Vs Caffeine, How To Use Textbooks Effectively, Tater Tots Brand, Someone Great Songs, Mesa Village Minecraft, Philippians 4:8-9 Theme, Ez Living Interiors, How To Cook Chuck Steak In Oven, Apartments In Odenton, Md, Hot Pink Blouse Outfit,

Like Us? - Fuck ya!

Leave a Reply