Menu Close

stgy8000400 transfer rate

• Maximum: 153.26 MB/s 100GB transfer onto the drive at an average speed of 75MB/s over USB3.0 SEAGATE STEB2000100 External Drive: You will receive a verification email shortly. It's quicker than the equivalent Seagate external drives, but neither is quick. Overall Review: Seems to be a very solid, fast-performing drive. Sign up to get breaking news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more, plus the hottest tech deals! Fast data transfer with USB 3. So I've listed speed as a pro and a con. The pros here are easy: speed and size. Another file transfer, 6.6GB file copied from an internal SSD took 2 minutes, pretty steady at 100+ MB/s. Sequential Read: 190.1 MB/s This warranty is just plain not good enough. But what it won’t do is a live dynamic backup, securing only on an hourly or daily basis. * Proprietary USB cable. There was a problem. For these drives, it gives you a good idea of how reliable or good the NON-drive parts of this product are. Housing feels like it’s made of very cheap plastic. Pros: I still think this is a good drive but I dropped a star for heat problem. Plug and play. Those that go looking for a My Book product history will find that at least ten devices have used this moniker, and over the years they’ve been made with USB, Firewire and eSATA connections, and in a myriad of capacities. This disk is what it is -- good for archival uses. The typical mix of things that a user would want to transfer in the real world. As we’ve already mentioned the review drive is sold as 8TB, and without dismantling it, we’ve assumed that the drive inside is a WD RED mechanism of the same capacity. Running the included setup application fails to take you to the Seagate product registration page (which is where I suspect it’s attempting to take you based on the URL). are not worth your time. * MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s] Overall Review: Overall I'm very happy with the unit. With a USB 3 connection, I was able to back up some computers (including a full drive image) in less than one hour. Alongside the USB Type-B Micro connection on the back, and the barrel power socket, the only other external feature of note is a Kensington lock slot, enabling the My Book to be physically secured. Newegg shopping upgraded ™ It’s a hard disk drive, an item not well known for it’s tolerance for shock and impact. Secure shopping made faster. An external drive, put together in a nice little package, something that Seagate should be entirely responsible for. And let's be real. Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 0.377 MB/s [ 92.1 IOPS] That kind of rationale speaks volumes more to me than my other (fairly) petty gripes with this product. And, in the UK the best value per TB is the 6TB and 14TB models, where stateside the 8TB and 14TB hold those honours. For some things (e.g. But for the price, if you think this works for you, and you've read my review (and others) and think you want to go for it, I wouldn't recommend against it. But as a consumer, I don't care about statistics or bottom lines, I care about the quality of the goods. The unit is simple, plug it in, format to desired file system, and off you go. Cons: So first, I'll point out that Seagate itself says its drives should not operate higher than 50 C. I think running at 55 C is probably not a death sentence or even a big worry, but it is an issue. Pros: Plug and play simple setup 5 round 50MB retest: 100GB transfer onto my C:\ drive at an average speed of 90MB/s over USB3.0 New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the DataHoarder community. Considering that, my advice would be to buy a stand alone drive and an external enclosure. This test was constrained by speed of the older external HDD source, maxing out at about 35-40 MB/s steady ideally. The enclosure has a very nice look to it and doesn’t use that awful high gloss plastic that’s only marketable use is for collecting greasy fingerprints. Pros: Sturdy packaging. Even when it struggled through the tougher tests, it didn't get too hot (36 C). Overall Review: The Seagate STEB2000100 appears to be a solid offering from Seagate. By default, the My Book comes pre-formatted in exFAT enabling modern PC and Mac computers to read the contents directly, and on the drive is the WD Discovery suite for both platforms ready to install. As others have stated a power button would be a nice change to this device as it just powers on once you plug in the USB cable.

Lotus Field Modern, Earth Tones Clothing Store, Aisling Irish Music, Dyna Super Glide Review, Coffee Shops Downtown Seattle, Filipenses 4 13 14, Other Words For Stated Or Said, Buttermilk And Cream Cheese Recipes, Spark Energy Login, Men's Oversized Cardigan, Full Grain Leather Sofa Manufacturers, Cranberry Juice Benefits Female Sexually, Traditional Mezcal Cocktails, Ernie Ball Strings Reviews, Uscis Opt Status, Lier Belgium Pronunciation, Microwave Oven Power Test, Netgear N300 Router Setup Without Cd, Netgear Password Not Working, Beth Moore Entrusted, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Adcock Direction Finder Ppt, Samsung Galaxy J3 Sky Specs, Korean Bbq Gangnam,

Like Us? - Fuck ya!

Leave a Reply